Several years ago I bought the New York Socialite stamp. I use this stamp quite a bit for birthday cards, especially when I want a card that has an air of sophistication and is out of the ordinary. While the woman's outfit and hat can be colored any color, I prefer to use black with pink accents. Lately I have been experimenting with Copic sketch markers. I really like the deep saturated colors of these markers. When using Copic markers to color an image, I like to stamp the image on Bristol paper using Staz-On Ink. I like the way the Bristol paper holds on to the ink, giving a crisp image and the markers tend to glide over the smooth surface of the paper, making it easy to blend colors.
Directions for Fashion Icon Card:
Strathmore Bristol paper
Black and white card stock
K & Company 8 1/2 x 5 Designer Paper Pad- pink print
Copic Ciao Markers- skin tones
Copic Sketch Markers- Black, RV 17-Deep Magenta, RV00-Water Lily (pink), C5-Cool Grey
Stamps Happen, Inc.-New York Socialite stamp
Staz-On Ink pad-Jet Black
Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Tattered Rose and Tea Dye
Small pearl, gold and crystal embelleshments
Stickles Glitter Glue- Pink and Platinum
Pink ribbon with black dots
1. Fold a piece of white card stock to make a half-fold card.
2. Stamp the Socialite on Bristol paper using the Staz-On ink. Let the image dry before coloring.
3. Color the lighter areas of the image first. Color the face and hands using the skin tone markers. Use E000 to color the face and hands and then shade with E11. Color the lips with RV00, highlight with RV17. Add blush to the cheeks with RV00 (go over the area until you notice a faint blush).
4. Color the gloves with RV17 and the center of the bow with RV00 and then use RV17 to color the bow. Color the inside of the hat, ruffle on the jacket and highlights on the outfit with C5. Color the hat and outfit with black. Go over the highlighted areas again with C5 to blend with the black.
5. Add pearls to the center of the bow, the necklace and earring. Place a small crystal on the hand and a gold bead on the cuff. Color the dog with a mixture of E15, E93. Add highlights with C5 and E18. Color the dog's collar and bow with RV17. Apply the pink and platinum Stickles randomly to the pin on the jacket.
6. Lightly apply the Tattered Rose distress ink around the image, leaving areas of white showing. Lightly apply the Tea Dye distress ink in the white areas and blend.
7. Cut a piece of black card stock 1/4 inch (on all sides) larger than the Bristol paper with the stamped image. Cut the pink print paper 1/4 inch larger than the black card stock and cut another piece of black card stock 3/8 inch larger than the pink paper. Glue the Bristol paper to the smaller black mat and then glue this to the pink print mat. Finally glue the pink print mat to the larger piece of black card stock.
8. Cut a piece of pink dotted ribbon 1/2 inch larger than the length of the card, fold the edges of the ribbon under the top and bottom edges of the card and glue in place. Attach foam dots to the back of the matted image and center on the card.