Brittany loves Mickey Mouse so he was the perfect choice for a birthday card for her. I decided to contrast the bright colors of Mickey and Pluto with a softer aqua and grey palette. I didn't add the white to Mickey's eyes because I was trying to make him look more like Steamboat Willie (the first Mickey).
Directions for Mickey Birthday Card:
Cricut Mickey and Friends cartridge
Cricut Classic Font cartridge
Sizzix Textured Impressions Valentine Set #4-Hearts & Dots
Light aqua, dark aqua, white, green, purple, yellow, red, light tan, pink, light grey and dark grey card stock
My Minds Eye Glitter Stack- aqua glitter dotted card stock
White lace edging
Gold self stick beads
Martha Stewart branch paper punch
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist pearl mist
Recollections Boutique Fleur Mulberry Paper Flowers-available at Michaels
1. Fold a piece of 8 1/2 inch (21.59 cm) by 11 inch (27.94 cm) light grey card stock in half lengthwise. Crease it with a bone folder.
2. Using the Mickey and Friends cartridge press the Mickey and Pluto key and cut it at 3 inches out of black card stock. Press the Layers:Face/White key and cut Mickey's face out of light tan card stock. Press the same key and the shift key and cut the eyes and gloves out of white card stock. Press the Layers: Outfit/Tongue key and cut Mickey's pants out of red card stock. Press the same key and the shift key to cut the tongue out of pink card stock. Load yellow card stock into the Cricut and press the Layers: Shoes/Ribbon/Hat key to cut Pluto's body and Mickey's shoe. Press the same key and shift to cut Pluto's collar out of purple card stock. Assemble Mickey and Pluto.
3. Cut Happy Birthday at 1 1/2 inches out of dark aqua card stock using the Cricut Classics Font cartridge.
4. Cut a piece of light aqua card stock 4 1/2 inches (11.43 cm) long by 3 1/2 inches (8.89 cm) wide. Place the card stock in the Hearts and Dots embossing folder and emboss it. Attach Mickey and Pluto to the embossed card stock using foam dots.
5. Cut a piece of dark grey card stock 3 3/4 inches (9.53 cm) wide by 4 1/2 inches (11.43 cm) long. Spray it lightly with pearl Glimmer Mist and let it dry. Cut a piece of aqua glitter dotted card stock 5 1/2 inches (13.97 cm) long by 3 3/4 inches (9.53 cm) wide. Place the dark grey card stock at an angle and glue to the aqua glitter dotted card stock. Use foam dots to attach the embossed card stock to the grey/aqua layered card stock. Place a gold bead in each corner of the embossed layer. Glue image 1 3/4 inches (4.45 cm) from the bottom of the card.
6. Center Happy Birthday over the image and glue in place.
7. Cut the white lace edging the length of the card and glue just under the front edge of the card.
8. Attach a foam dot to the back a peach colored mulberry flower. Position the flower at the lower left edge of the card and press in place.
9. Punch 2 branches out of green card stock using the Martha Stewart branch paper punch. Glue the branches under the edges of the flower.