The adorable baby images on the Cricut Baby Steps cartridge were perfect for a card that I made for a co-worker who is having a baby.
Directions for New Baby Card:
Cricut Baby Steps cartridge
White, light pink, light blue, light yellow, dark brown, light brown and light tan card stock
Pink and white dotted ribbon
Pink self stick pearls
Sizzix Hearts embossing folder
Martha Stewart pink flocking powder
Stickles Icicle glitter glue
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist- pearl mist
Greeting card program
Colored pencils or chalk
1. Select a new baby verse using the greeting card program. Print the card on white card stock using the half-fold option.
2. Load the Baby Steps cartridge into the Cricut and select the Moon Baby image. Cut Moon Baby at 2 1/2 inches out of dark brown card stock. Press the Shift and Moon Baby keys and cut the image out of light tan card stock. Press the Layer 1 and Moon Baby keys to cut the bow and outfit out of light pink card stock. Next press the Shift and Layer 1 keys to cut the cheeks and nose out of light brown card stock. Place the light blue card stock on to the Cricut mat and press the Layer 2 and Moon Baby keys to cut the moon and clouds. Press the Shift, Layer 2 and Moon Baby keys to cut the moon out of light yellow card stock. Assemble the image. I used pink chalk to highlight the baby's cheeks instead using the light brown die cut cheeks.
3. Use a light peach colored pencil to color the baby's face and hand. Add shading to the cloud with a pale aqua colored pencil. Attach a pink self-stick pearl to the center of the baby's bow. Apply a thin layer of glue to the baby's outfit and lightly sprinkle flocking powder to cover the surface. Shake off the excess flocking powder and set aside to dry. Highlight the edges of the cloud with the Stickles Icicle glitter glue. Set aside to dry.
4. Cut a piece of white card stock 4 3/4 inches long and 4 inches wide. Emboss the card stock using the Sizzix Hearts embossing folder.
5. Center the Moon Baby image on the embossed card stock. Use foam dots to adhere the image to the card stock.
6. Spray the image and the embossed card stock lightly with Pearl Glimmer Mist. Set aside to dry.
7. Cut two pieces of pink and white dotted ribbon 5 3/4 inches long. Glue the ribbon 1/2 inch from the top of the card. Glue the second piece of ribbon 1/2 inch from the bottom of the card. Tuck the ends under the front edge of the card and secure with glue. Use the pink and white dotted ribbon to tie a small bow. Attach the bow to the ribbon at the bottom of the card.
8. Place a pink self-stick pearl in each corner of the embossed card stock. Center the embossed card stock containing Moon Baby on the front of the card. Adhere the embossed card stock to the card using foam dots.