Sunday, October 30, 2011
A couple that I know is celebrating their 65th Wedding Anniversary. This is such an important occasion that I wanted to do something special for them. I love poetry and like to give framed poems a gifts. I chose Sir Philip Sidney's the Bargain. I framed the poem with a textured ivory mat and decorated the mat with roses.
Directions for 65th Anniversary Gift:
Pewter frame (8 x 10)
8 x 10 ivory textured mat
Recollections Adhesive Faux Pearls
Recollections Foral Embellishments-Shades of Purple
Dark olive card stock
Martha Stewart Leaf Paper Punch
1. Type the poem into Microsoft Word using the French Script Font at 18 and print it on parchment paper.
2. Trim the parchment paper to fit into an 8 x 10 inch mat. Center the poem in the mat.
3. Remove the glass from the picture frame. Place the matted poem in the frame and put the back on the frame.
4. Position three roses (one light purple, one medium purple and one dark purple) in the upper left hand corner and lower right hand corner of the mat. Glue the roses in place. Punch 4 leaves out of olive card stock using the paper punch. Glue 2 leaves under each set of flowers.
5. Arrange the faux pearls in the corners opposite the roses and press in place.