For those of you patiently waiting for a Hello Kitty project, this post is for you.
Brittany will be graduating in a couple of weeks with a Master's Degree in German. After two years of hard work, we wanted to send her a special card. Brittany loves Hello Kitty and just receiving a card with Kitty always brightens her day and makes her smile. The image of Hello Kitty in her cap and gown is adorable and would make a cute graduation card. I used map print card stock from K & Company's Que Sera Sera paper stack for the background to symbolize graduating and going out into the world.
Directions for Hello Kitty Graduation Card:
Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge
Cricut Classic Font cartridge
K&Company Que Sera Sera paper stack- Map print card stock
Black, white, bright pink, aqua, dark blue, olive green, gold and parchment card stock
Pink jewel tone brad
Twinklets Diamond Dust
Paper flower and small button
Martha Stewart leaf paper punch
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Nine
Zots and small foam dots
Hot glue gun
1. Fold the parchment card stock in half to create a card.
2. Using the Cricut Hello Kitty cartridge cut Kitty at 4 inches out of black card stock. Cut her fur out of white card stock and cut her bow out of bright pink card stock. Next, cut her cap and gown out of dark blue card stock and her tassel out of gold card stock. Assemble Kitty. Use a dark yellow colored pencil to color Kitty's nose. Highlight her cap and gown with a dark blue colored pencil. Attach the pink jewel tone brad to the center of her bow.
3. Using the Hello Kitty cartridge cut the diploma base at 1 1/2 inches out of black card stock. Press the White Fur, Bow and Nose key to cut the diploma out of white card stock. Press the White Fur and the Shift keys to cut the diploma seal out of gold card stock. Assemble the diploma.
4. Load the Cricut Classic Font cartridge into the Cricut machine, press the Base Shadow key and cut Congrats at 3/4 inch out of black card stock. Reset the machine and cut Congrats out of aqua card stock. Layer the aqua Congrats over the black base and glue in place.
5. Cut a piece of aqua card stock 5 1/4 inches high by 4 1/4 inches wide. Center the largest Spellbinders label on the card stock and cut out the label. Save the label for another project, you want to use the negative image for this card.
6. Insert the aqua card stock containing the negative image into the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and run it through an embossing machine. Highlight the raised dots by lightly sanding them with the sanding pad.
7. Cut a 5 inch by 4 inch piece from the map card stock. Center the map on the card approximately 1 1/4 inches from the bottom of the card and glue in place.
8. Apply the foam dots to the back of the aqua card stock and layer it over the map card stock and press in place. Apply a thin layer of craft to the map card stock and sprinkle the diamond dust over the glue. Shake off the excess "dust" and let it dry.
9. Apply Zots to the back of Hello Kitty, center her on the map and press into place. Apply small foam dots to her cap and attach to the edge of the aqua card stock. Apply small foam dots to the diplomas and attach them to the upper left and lower right corners of the aqua card stock.
10. Center Congrats! over the aqua card stock containing the Hello Kitty image and glue it approximately 3/4 inch from the top of the card.
11. Use a hot glue gun to attach the paper flower to the right of Congrats! and glue a button in the center in the center of the flower. Use an awl, pencil or other object to press the button in place, to avoid being burned by the hot glue oozing through the button holes.
12. Punch two leaves out of the olive card stock with the Martha Stewart leaf paper punch. Glue the leaves under the edges of the flower.