Monday, April 14, 2014
Stations of the Cross Card
My faith is very important to me so I wanted to do a religious Easter card. The inspiration for this card came while I was reading the Stations of the Cross. Everyone recites- We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you. For By Your Holy Cross You Have Redeemed The World, at each Station before the mediation and prayer. This recitation seemed like a perfect fit for the Crucifix on Cricut's New Testament cartridge. I wanted the Crucifix to be the focal point of the card and therefore kept the embellishments to a minimum.
This project uses Frantage to decorate the halo and bottom of the card. I used basic Frantage- heating embossing powder and embedding Diamond Dust in the heated embossing powder.
Direction for Stations of the Cross Card:
Sheer dark purple ribbon
Got Flowers? Fabric Fancies- Opal
Black Ink Decorative Papers- white and tan print handmade paper
Cricut New Testament cartridge
Paper Studio Tattered and Worn paper pack- brown paper
White, cream, gold, dark brown and tan card stock
Recollections self adhesive gold beads
Roman gold embossing powder
Twinklets Diamond Dust
Versa mark ink pad
Small foam dots
Zots, Regular and 3D
1. Print an Easter greeting on the inside of the card using a card program and the half-fold option. Print We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you. For By Your Holy Cross You Have Redeemed The World on plain white paper with Microsoft Word using the Nyala font at 12 pts.
2. Using the Cricut New Testament cartridge, cut the Crucifix at 5 inches out of the brown paper from the Tattered and Worn paper stack. Press shift and cut the next layer of the Crucifix out of dark brown card stock. Press layer and Crucifix to cut Jesus out of cream card stock. Press layer, shift and Crucifix to cut Jesus' clothes out of white card stock. Press layer 2 and Crucifix to cut the halo out of gold card stock. Assemble the Crucifix. Place a small self adhesive gold bead to the nail holes on Jesus' hands and feet.
3. Attach small foam dots to the back of the Crucifix. Center the Crucifix on a 4 x 6 inch piece of the handmade paper and press in place. Cut a piece of tan card stock approximately 1/4 inch larger than the handmade paper (on all sides) and use Zots to attach the handmade paper to the card stock.
4. Apply the Versa mark ink to the halo and the lower right and left corners of the handmade paper. Sprinkle Roman Gold embossing powder over the ink and shake off the excess. Use a small paintbrush, if necessary, to remove any stray flecks of embossing powder from the image. Using the lowest temperature of the heat gun, heat the embossing powder until it starts to melt and then sprinkle the Diamond Dust on the melted embossing powder. Heat until the embossing powder is melted and the Diamond Dust is set.
5. Attach 3D Zots to the back of the tan card stock, center on the front of the card and press into place. Use Zots to attach five flowers at the base of the Crucifix. Place a self adhesive gold bead in the center of each flower.
6. Cut a piece of sheer purple ribbon approximately 1/2 inch longer than the width of the card. Loosely twist the ribbon and use Zots to attach it to the top of the card.
7. Cut the prayer so that a small border of white surrounds the prayer. Cut a piece of brown card stock slightly larger than the prayer and glue the prayer to the card stock. Center the prayer over the Crucifix and glue in place.