Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cookie Cannister

Every Christmas I make cookies for friends and family and I'm always trying to find a unique way to package them. I recently purchased the Cricut Snow Friends cartridge. the snow men were so cute that I wanted to use them on the containers. I found a clear plastic paint can at Michaels.
I cut a 3 inch snow man using the Snow Friends cartridge and embellished his scarf with glitter glue.

Next I made several snowflakes using a Martha Stewart snowflake punch and glued them to the can, embellishing the center of the snowflake with glitter glue.

I cut 4 lengths of ribbon (2 purple and 2 turquoise) and tied them to the handle at one side of the can.

I placed snowflake shaped sugar cookies in a plastic bag and tied it with turquoise and purple ribbon and tucked the bag inside the can.