Thursday, January 28, 2010

Creating With Cricut

I recently purchased a Cricut personal electronic cutter. I love the Cricut. I used it to create my Christmas cards. Here are some cards that I made using the Snow Friends cartridge.

Here's the directions for the Snow Friends cards.

Cut the snow men using the Snow Friends cartridge. I used pink chalk to give them rosy cheeks.

Cut a piece of pink and lavender card stock and emboss it using the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. Next sand the snowflakes to highlight them.

Cut a piece of black card stock slightly larger than the embossed layer and a piece of pink or lavender card stock slightly larger than the black layer. Glue the embossed layer on top of the black card stock and glue these two layers on top of the coordinating pink or lavender card stock.

Cut a piece of ribbon the length of the card plus 1/2 inch and glue it to the card. Center the embossed background over the ribbon and adhere to the card using foam dots.

Position the snow men on the embossed layer.

Using a Martha Stewart snowflake punch make six snowflakes and adhere to the card. Embellish the snowflakes with rhinestones.

Add a bow to the top of the card.

I cut trees using the Winter Wonderland cartridge and added them to the lavender card. I used Mudd Puddles snow to accent the trees.