The weather in the Washington area has been beautiful and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Cherry Blossoms. If you are ever in the Washington, DC area in the spring time you should try to see the Cherry Blossoms, you won't be disappointed.
Over the next few weeks I have friends and family members who will be having major surgery so I have stopped work on my Mozart project to make a few get well cards. I will be posting the cards and the directions here over the next week.
My husband's Aunt Pat is the first to have surgery. She is such a wonderful person and I have come to think of her as our Aunt Pat. This is the card that I made for her.
Directions for Snail Card:
1. Using parchment color card stock and a computer greeting card program print a get well sentiment and verse.
2. Cut a piece of light blue card stock approximately 6 1/2 inches by 4 inches. Emboss using Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder.
3. Cut a piece of green patterned paper approximately 2 1/2 inches by 4 inches and glue to the bottom of the blue card stock.
4. Using the Paisley Cricut cartridge cut a 2 inch snail out of yellow card stock. Cut the cheeks and flower center out of pink card stock, the snail shell out of light green card stock and the flower out of purple card stock. Using the shift key cut another 2 inch snail out of black card stock. Remove the eyes and glue on the yellow snail. Glue the green shell, purple flower and pink cheeks and flower center on snail.
5. Using a narrow strip of 4 inch wide light green card stock make random cuts to resemble grass blades. Glue grass under the edge of the green patterned paper.
6. Attach snail just under the edge of the grass using raised glue dots.
7. Using Making Memories Blossoms & Buttons Flutter glue green felt leaves on green patterned paper. Sew a button in the center of a pink felt flower and attach the flower over the leaves using raised glue dots. Sew a button over the center of a patterned paper flower and use raised glue dots to attach to the upper left corner of the card. Glue a small piece of pink ribbon across the bottom left corner of the card.
8. Make a small bow out of pink satin ribbon and glue to the upper right of the card. Make a pink butterfly out of card stock and embellish with glitter glue and pearls. Glue the butterfly slightly below the bow. I drew the butterfly free hand and cut the body out of a strip of black card stock. I cut two narrow strips of black card stock and rolled the edges to create antennae. You could use a pre-made butterfly or use a craft punch to make one.