Here's the second card in the Get Well series. This one is for my friend Cindy who is about to have major surgery. I wish her well and hope that this card brightens her day.
I had so much fun making this card. I cut out the zebra and the card evolved from there. The zebra's scarf was inspired by the old movies with the actresses who rode in convertibles with scarves flowing in the wind. I added the crystal bracelet just to give her extra dimension. Although this was meant to be a get well card, this design could be used for any occasion.
Zebra Get Well Directions:
1. Using a computer greeting card program, generate a get well sentiment and verse and print it on parchment card stock.
2. Cut a piece of green patterned paper approximately 2 3/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches. Glue to bottom of the card.
3. Cut a piece of light blue card stock approximately 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches. Emboss using Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder. Glue card stock to card above the green patterned paper.
4. Using Cricut Paisley cartridge cut a 3 inch zebra out of black card stock. Load white card stock into the Cricut and press the shift key and zebra to cut the stripes and muzzle. Glue the stripes and muzzle on the black zebra. Using pink card stock cut a 3 inch car. Glue the car over the black card stock car. Cut a small flower out of purple and the center out of green card stock.
5. Cut a slightly curved strip out of coarse sand paper to resemble a road. Glue the road on the green patterned paper.
6. Make small dots close together with Alene's Tacky Glue and sprinkle Flower Soft on top of the glue. Lightly press down on the flower soft and shake off the excess. After the glue dries apply glue on top of the Flower Soft and sprinkle with a fine glitter. Shake off the excess and let it dry.
7. Use flower shaped brads as hub caps on the wheels of the car. Tie a piece of sheer ribbon around the zebra's neck to resemble a scarf. Glue three small clear stones to the zebra's wrist for the bracelet. Attach the zebra and car to the card using Zots raised glue dots.
8. Draw a tree trunk and cut it out of brown card stock. Using the button function on the Cricut keypad cut a 2 inch flower shaped button out of purple card stock. Glue flower shaped button behind the the tree trunk. Glue small flowers randomly around the top of the tree. Glue pearls to the center of the flowers. Attach to the card using raised glue dots.
9. Using the button feature and the shift key cut a 2 inch circle out of yellow card stock. Cut 1/4 inch strips of yellow card stock and glue to the yellow circle to resemble the sun's rays. Spray the sun with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist. Attach sun to the top right of the blue sky using raised glue dots.
10. Punch a butterfly out of pink card stock using Martha Stewart's butterfly punch. Apply opal glitter glue to the butterfly and sprinkle clear micro beads over the entire surface. Shake off the excess beads and let the glue dry. Make antennae out of black card stock. Glue butterfly to the top of the card near the tree. Attach antennae to the butterfly with glue.