My daughter, Brittany sings Karoake with her friends at a local club in Koln, Germany. When I bought the Once Upon a Princess cartridge this image reminded me of her. I made this card and sent it off to her in Germany. I mailed it two weeks before her birthday and was hoping that it would arrive on time. Fortunately she got the card in time for her birthday.
I used Cricut's Once Upon a Princess cartridge for the images, Cuttlebug's Allegro embossing folder and Martha Stewart's fence punch.
Here are the directions:
1. Emboss a piece of bright pink card stock with Cuttlebug's Allegro embossing folder. Very lightly sand to highlight the notes. Spray lightly with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist and let it dry.
2. Using the Cricut Once Upon a Princess cartridge and cream card stock cut Doll 2 at 3 1/2 inches. Press the shift key and cut the top layer for Doll 2. Using the layer key for Doll 2 cut the hair out of brown card stock.
3. Keeping the size dial set at 3 1/2 inches, cut the outfit out of black card stock using the Rocker key. Press the shift key and cut the skirt out of purple card stock. Press the Layer key and cut the skirt pieces out of bright green card stock. Press the shift key and then the Layer key and cut the microphone and necklace out of silver metallic card stock.
4. Press the phrase key and cut the rock star background at 1 1/2 inches out of bright green card stock. Press the shift key and cut rock star out of purple card stock. Glue the purple image over the green one and embellish with purple glitter glue.
5. Punch stars out of the various colors of card stock used in the project. Punch a fence out of black card stock with the Martha Stewart punch.
6. Layer the pink embossed card stock over a piece of black card stock leaving a 1/4 inch border.
Assemble the doll and attach to the embossed card stock using raised glue dots. Add facial features to the doll using markers and chalk. Highlight the microphone, belt buckle and necklace with silver glitter glue. Layer the fence at the lower edge of the card and the rock star at the upper right hand corner. Tie a piece of green ribbon and glue it just below the fence. Glue the stars randomly around the card. Embellish the stars with glitter glue.