Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reverse Cable Scarf

Scarves make great knitting projects. They can be knitted quickly, often only use two skeins of yarn and make great gifts. Knitted scarves are very popular and patterns can be found everywhere. I found a free cabled scarf pattern at Michaels. This pattern is also available at www.caron.com. The pattern calls for 2 skeins of Caron Simply Soft yarn. I usually don't like to knit with acrylic yarn but I couldn't resist Caron's beautiful Iris color. I did like the idea that I could throw the scarf in the washer and dryer which is something that I couldn't do with a wool scarf.



I enlisted Mozart's help again to model the scarf since no one else in my house would agree to be a model.



The scarf is knitting up quickly and is very soft. Although the pattern is rated for an intermediate level knitter a beginner with some knitting experience could knit this scarf as well. The cable pattern is relatively easy (slip 8 stitches onto the cable needle, knit 8 stitches from the left hand needle and then knit the 8 stitches from the cable needle) and would make a good introduction to knitting cables.