I was standing in the check out line in the grocery store and noticed a display of greeting cards with a "hand made" touch. I picked up a cute card with a die cut bird and bird house on the front. I contemplated buying the card until I turned it over to look at the price. I was in sticker shock- $7.95 for a card with a few die cuts on it? There was no way that I could ever justify the price when I have a Cricut at home.
Although this is a thank you card, it could be used for other occasions by changing the greeting. I almost decided to use theme for a Valentine's Day card instead.
Directions for Kitty Thank you Card:
Recollections small white roses
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist-Cherry, Pearl
Martha Stewart Heart Border Punch, leaf paper punch
Pink ribbon with white hearts
Recollections adhesive backed small crystal hearts, pearls
White, black, light pink,cream and olive green card stock
DCWV Tres Chic mat stack- pink and black print card stock
Cricut Four Legged Friends cartridge
Small foam dots
1. Print the greeting on a piece of white card stock using the half fold option. Fold the card in half and crease it with a bone folder.
2. Using the Cricut Four Legged Friends cartridge cut Cat 5 at 2 1/2 inches out of white card stock. Press the shift key and cut Cat 5-S out of cream card stock. Press the Layer key and cut the ear, nose and collar out of light pink card stock. Press the Layer and Shift keys and cut the eye lashes out of black card stock. Assemble the cat. Lightly spray Kitty with Pearl Glimmer Mist and let her dry. Attach a small pink crystal heart over Kitty's nose and attach 3 small pearls to her collar.
3. Cut a square, 3 1/2 inches high by 3 1/2 inches wide, from black and pink print card stock. Cut a 4 inch square out of the light pink card stock. Cut a 4 1/4 inch square out of the black card stock.
4. Glue the pink card stock on top of the black card stock, leaving a 1/4 inch border on all sides. Attach Zots to the back of the black and pink print card stock. Layer the print card stock on top of the light pink card stock leaving a 1/4 inch border on all sides. Press the print card stock in place. Attach foam dots to the back of Kitty, center her on the print card stock and press in place.
5. Cut a piece of pink ribbon and tie a small bow. Cut two smaller pieces of ribbon and glue them to opposite corners layered card stock. Glue the bow over the ribbon on the upper right hand corner of the card stock.
6. Lightly spray a white rose with Cherry Glimmer Mist. Let it dry. Punch two leaves out of the olive green card stock, using the Martha Stewart leaf paper punch.
7. Punch a heart border out of the light pink card stock, using the Martha Stewart heart border punch. Save the left over pieces from the punched paper (hearts and paper scraps from heart image).
8. Apply a small pink heart on each side of the word Merci. Use the left over scrap of pink card stock from the heart border punch and glue it over the top and bottom of the word Merci, to frame it. Glue the rose to the left of the frame and glue two leaves under the rose.
9. Glue the heart border under the front edge of the card. Glue the small hearts from the border punch to each corner of the black card stock.