I really love the Art Deco period. When Cricut came out with the Art Deco cartridge, I just had to make it part of my library. For this project I started with the Killjoy and greyhound images and worked from there. Once I chose the background papers, Merci rather than Thank you seemed to be more appropriate.
Directions for Art Deco Thank you:
Cricut Art Deco Cartridge
DCWV Tres Chic mat stack, Primrose paper stack
Light grey, grey dark pink, black, brown, cream, olive green and black and white print card stock
Recollections small self adhesive rose
Recollections small clear crystals and small pale blue crystals
Martha Stewart leaf punch
Recollections pink mesh on a roll
Zots and small foam dots
1. Cut Killjoy at 5 inches out of cream card stock. Press Killjoy and the shift keys to cut her clothes out of dark pink card stock. Press Layer and Killjoy to cut her hair and shoes out of brown card stock and repeat with black card stock. Press Layer, Shift and Killjoy to cut her hat band and scarf out of black and white print card stock.. Assemble Killjoy, replacing the brown for the black hair. Disguard the rest of the brown pieces. Use colored pencils to add highlights to Killjoy's dress, skin and facial features.
2. Cut the Greyhound out of the grey card stock at 2 inches. Press Greyhound plus shift and cut the rest of the dog out of the light grey card stock.. Cut the collar out of dark pink. Glue the narrow dark pink collar on top of the wider dark pink collar and embellish with three small crystals. Using grey colored pencils add highlights to the dog's body and legs.
3. Using a card program and the half fold option print Merci on the front of the card. Fold the card in half and crease down the center.
4. Cut a piece of harlequin paper from the Primrose stack, approximately 5 1/2 inches high by 4 7/8 inches wide. Center on the card and glue 1/4 inch from the bottom of the card.
5. Cut the Eiffel Tower print from the Tres Chic mat stack approximately 4 1/4 inches high by 4 inches wide. Attach Zots to the back of the print and position it 2 inches from the bottom of the harlequin paper edge and 1/2 inch from each side of the harlequin paper edge.
6. Add foam dots to the back of Killjoy and position her along the bottom of the harlequin paper and slightly to the left of the Eiffel Tower. Place foam dots on the back of the dog and position him slightly in front of Killjoy. Attach a string of small pale blue crystals from Killjoy's hand to the dog's collar for a leash.
7. Place a small pink rose in the upper right corner of the mat stack. Punch 2 leaves out of olive green card stock. and glue under the rose.
8. Cut a strip of pink metallic mesh 5 1/2 inches long and press in place 1/4 inch above Merci.