|Father Christmas Card|
While I was waiting for the accents on the card to dry, I packaged my cookies to send to Brittany and her friends in Connecticut. The honey roasted cashews that I sent earlier this week were at hit and they are eagerly awaiting the shortbread cookies and the chocolate covered Oreo cookies made to look like frogs.
|Decorated Cookie Box|
Directions for Father Christmas Card:
Cricut A Quilted Christmas Cartridge
Dark red, medium red, black, tan and white card stock
Viva Modellier Creme modeling paste-Mother of Pearl
Martha Stewart black flocking powder
Black glitter glue
Red and green beaded trim
DCWV Holiday Stack-music background card stock
Zots 3D dots
1. Using the Cricut cartridge cut Santa 1 at 5 inches out of tan card stock. Press Santa 1 and shift to cut the robe out of dark red card stock. Next press Santa q and Layer 1 to cut the robe out of medium red card stock. Press Santa 1, Layer 1 and shift to cut the beard, cuffs and robe trim out of white card stock. Press Santa 1 and Layer 2 to cut the eyes and mittens out of black card stock. Then press Santa 1, Layer 2 and shift to cut Santa's sack out of black card stock. Assemble Santa.
2. Apply the modeling paste to Santa's cuffs, hat and robe front. Dab the modeling paste on the white card stock to resemble fur. Set aside to dry. When the modeling paste is completely dry, apply clear craft glue to Santa's sack and cover with black flocking powder. Set aside to dry. Then apply a thin layer of black glitter glue over the flocking and set aside to dry.
3. Highlight Santa's face and beard with colored pencils. I used grey to highlight his beard and rose to highlight his cheeks.
4. Cut a piece of music background card stock 6 inches high by 4 1/2 inches wide. Apply foam dots to the back of the Santa image and center Santa on the card stock.
5. Fold a piece of white card stock to make a vertical fold card. Cut a piece of red ribbon 1/2 inch longer than the card. Center the ribbon on the card and fold 1/4 inch under the card on each end and glue in place. Tie a small bow and glue over the ribbon.
6. Center the card stock with the Santa image on the card, apply 3D Zots to the back of the image and press in place.
7. Cut a piece of red and green beaded trim the length of the card and glue to the right edge of the card.