The weather is absolutely beautiful. I was inspired to make a trip to the nursery to buy some flowers. Apparently I was not the only one inspired by this beautiful weather because the nursery was crowded. After the harsh winter that we had everyone is ready for Spring.
This is the last in the series of get well cards. I made this card for my husband who is having hip replacement surgery next week. I didn't want to make a third speedy recovery card so I decided to use the hugs instead.
Here are the directions for Panda Hugs:
1. Cut a piece of light blue card stock approximately 5 1/2 by 7 1/2 inches. Emboss using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I ran the folder through my Sizzix. Instead of running the folder all the way through the machine, I stopped after the card stock had embossed and turned the handle in the opposite direction and ran the embossing folder back through the machine. Doing this gives a deeper embossed texture. Using Color Box fluid chalk cats eye ink pads Misty Meadow collection gently tap the medium blue ink randomly over the blue card stock. I did this to give the illusion of clouds.
2. Cut a piece of green patterned paper approximately 51/2 by 3 inches. Use the Color Box chalk green and randomly tap over the green card stock to give it depth. Again apply light pressure when stamping. Glue green patterned paper to the bottom of the blue card stock.
4. Randomly cut a tree trunk out of brown card stock. Cut a 2 inch flower out of purple card stock using the Cricut Paisley cartridge and the button feature. Glue the tree trunk on top of the flower. Embellish with small paper flowers. Attach the tree to the blue card stock just above the green paper. Use dimensional glue dots to attach the tree.
5. Cut a 2 1/2 inch Panda out of black and white card stock using the Cricut Pagoda cartridge. Attach the Panda next to the tree using raised glue dots.
6. Punch eight hearts using a small heart shaped paper punch. Glue hemp to the back of three hearts and tie them together with a bow of hemp. Glue the heart strings over the Panda's hands.
7. Randomly hand cut a small basket shape out of white card stock. Cut several 1/8 inch wide strips out of brown card stock and weave them together. Glue the woven strips to the basket shape and trim. Using one of the brown strips of card stock make a handle and glue it to the basket. Glue the basket next to the Panda. Glue the hearts in the basket.
8. Using purple card stock and the Cricut Beyond Birthdays cartridge cut a 2 inch Hugs To You.
Apply a light coat of Smooch Grape Soda to the Hugs and let it dry. Press the purple Hugs over the top of a Versa Mark ink pad. Sprinkle Clear Sparkle embossing powder over the image and shake off the excess. Emboss using a heat gun. Glue Hugs to the blue card stock over the Panda's head.
9. Embellish the card with a paper flower and a pre-made butterfly. Glue a pink ribbon across the bottom of the card and attach a bow.