Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Antique Lions Et Oiseaux Update


This is the progress that I have made after 2 weeks of stitching. I absolutely love the way that this is turning out. The copper penny Zweigart fabric gives the piece an antique look. Unfortunately it doesn't translate well to camera (the piece is much more beautiful in person).

The Gloriana silk has been joy to work with. It doesn't fray when being pulled through the fabric multiple times and very rarely knots. The over dyed colors create a shaded effect on the motifs (notice the green shading on the lion).

I can't thank the owner's of Haus Tirol enough for helping me to select the perfect materials for my sampler. The pattern (Antique Lions et Oiseaux by a mon ami Pierre) and the materials used for this project can be ordered from The Stitching Well at Haus Tirol, 1915 Pocahontas Trail, Williamsburg, VA 23185 Phone: 757-220-0313. Their website is www.haustirolonline.com.