Friday, September 24, 2010

Halloween Quilt

While browsing for some fabric at a local quilt shop, I saw a cute Halloween quilt hanging on the wall. This quilt must be my next project! It was colorful, relatively easy for a beginning quilter and small (26'' x 32"). I bought the pattern and the fabric and then enthusiastically started sewing. I was certain that I would be able to finish the quilt before the Halloween deadline ( 2 weeks away).

This week I came across the pattern for the Halloween quilt in my files. What ever happened to that quilt? I started looking for it and found it in the bottom of a basket of fabric pieces (remnants from previous projects). It only needs a bottom border and backing and I already have the fabric. After spending six years as a UFO (unfinished object) my Halloween quilt is finally finished and ready to hang. Just in time for Halloween!

Although it may not look like it, this is an easy quilt to make (especially if you are a beginner) because all of the pieces are appliqued onto the quilt blocks using Heat and Bond and a zig-zag stitch.




The pattern is ONE SCAREY NIGHT and is still available from Clow Creations www.thepatternpeddlers.com.