I purchased the Cricut Lite Jolly Holidays cartridge at the Walmart Black Friday sale. The Santa image is perfect for our Christmas party invitations.
Directions for Santa Invitation:
Red, white, pink, Christmas pattern, dark red, green and black card stock
Greeting card program
Cricut Gypsy Font or Cricut Font of your choice
Cricut Lite Jolly Holidays cartridge
Gold color brads
Prima Holiday Poinsettia flowers
Black and gold glitter glue
1. Using the greeting card program and white card stock print the invitation details on the inside of a half fold card.
2. Weld the letters Ho, Ho, Ho together using the Gypsy and the Gypsy Font and then cut it out of green card stock at .75 inches.
3. Cut Santa 1 at 3 inches out of red card stock using the Cricut Jolly Holidays cartridge. Press the shift key and cut Santa's sack, belt and shoes out of black card stock. Press the layer key and cut the top of Santa's face out of pink card stock. Load white card stock into the Cricut, press the Layer and Shift keys and cut Santa's beard. Assemble Santa, highlight the sack with black glitter glue and the belt with gold glitter glue. Set aside until the glitter glue dries.
4. Cut the Christmas patterned card stock approximately 3 3/4 inches wide by 4 inches high. Cut the dark red card stock approximately 1/4 inch larger than the dimensions of the Christmas patterned card stock. Glue the Christmas patterned card stock on top of the dark red card stock leaving a 1/4 inch border on all sides. Center Santa on top of the Christmas patterned card stock and glue in place. Center the card stock with the Santa on the card and glue in place.
5. Glue Ho, Ho, Ho above the framed Santa.
6. Assemble the poinsettia using three flower layers. Attach the poinsettia to the lower right hand edge of the Santa frame, using a gold color brad. Glue the leaves just under the poinsettia.