I just love Hello Kitty because she's so cute and sweet. She's just perfect for a Valentine's Day card. The best part about this card is that it uses the left over card stock pieces from other projects.
Directions for the Hello Kitty Valentine's Day Card:
Cricut George and Basic Shapes and Hello Kitty cartridges
Dark pink, light pink, white, black and green card stock
Cream satin ribbon
K & Company Felt Valentine Roses (available at Michaels)
K & Company pink print Valentine's paper
Got Flowers? Iced Flowers- Aqua
Small brads- I used a flower shaped brad for Hello Kitty's bow and a round one for her flower
Martha Stewart Heart Border punch and Rose Leaf paper punch
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
1. Type Be Mine in Microsoft Word using the Monotype Corsiva font at 36. Change the font color to red and print Be Mine on white paper. Trim to approximately 2 inches long by 1 inch high.
2. Using the Cricut George and Basic Shapes cartridge cut a heart at 4 inches out of dark pink card stock. Emboss the heart using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Lightly sand the raised dots to highlight them.
3. Cut Hello Kitty 2 at 3 inches out of black card stock. Press the fur key and cut Kitty's face and paws out of white card stock. Press the clothes key and cut her dress out of light pink card stock. Cut it again out of the dark pink card stock. Press the clothes and shift keys and cut her bow out of dark pink card stock. Assemble Kitty using the dark pink pieces for her shirt. Color her nose with a yellow marker. Place a flower shaped brad in Kitty's bow. Use a small aqua flower for the flower in her hand. Attach a small round brad to the center of the flower. Cut a small piece of green card stock for the flower's stem.
4. Use the Heart Border punch to punch a border out of dark pink card stock. Save the small hearts left over from the border. You will use these to accent the card.
5. Cut a piece of pink Valentine paper 5 inches wide by 7 1/2 inches high. Glue a piece of cream satin ribbon 1 inch from the bottom edge of the paper. Tie a small bow and glue it to the ribbon. Glue the dark pink heart border along the right edge of the paper. Fold a piece of white card stock in half lengthwise and crease it with a bone folder. Glue the pink Valentine paper to the white card stock leaving a white border around the top and bottom of the card. Apply foam dots to the back of the heart and attach it approximately 1 3/4 inches from the bottom of the card. Attach foam dots to the back of Kitty and center her on the heart. Press her in place.
6. Place a red felt rose in the upper left hand corner of the card. Punch two leaves out of green card stock using the Rose Leaf paper punch. Glue the leaves under the edges of the rose. Glue Be Mine at an angle above the heart on the right hand side of the card. Glue the small dark pink left over hearts in opposite corners of the Be Mine greeting. Randomly glue the hearts around the pink Valentine's paper.