Thursday, October 9, 2014

There Is Good In Everything!

Bored with just knitting socks for gifts, I wanted to knit something different.  I came across the Ninetta Neck warmer by Nina Machlin Dayton on the Webs yarn website and knew that this must be my next project. This beautiful, ruffled neck warmer is knit in Malabrigo worsted using size US 7 needles. I chose a dark, inky blue with purple undertones called Paris Night for my scarf.  The scarf pattern is easy to knit, a beginner with some knitting experience could  knit this scarf. The pattern is based on a smocked stitch which is easily mastered (the directions are very clear).

I thought the scarf would knit up quickly since it was knit using size 7 needles and worsted weight yarn. I had knit 2 rows the day that I received the yarn and put the project aside. The next day I grabbed the scarf on my way out the door. My car was having a scheduled oil change, so I thought that I would be able to knit for about an hour, not realizing how wrong I would be.  After 3 hours of knitting, the service manager came in to tell me that the oil filter was not in stock but they had sent someone to another dealership to obtain the part. After 2 more hours of knitting, the service manager told me they finally located the filter and the tech was on his way with the part. I had called the previous week to make the appointment and the dealer had 4 days to acquire the oil filter prior to my appointment but the tech who ordered the parts didn't think that my car would actually be coming in so he didn't bother to order the oil filter. Don't you just love it when service people  take it upon themselves to make decisions not based on fact while ignoring the actual data in front of them? Eight hours later, I was notified that my car was finally ready and incidentally so was my scarf. I hadn't planned to sit and knit for 8 hours straight, it just worked out that way. When I told my husband about my day he was very upset with the dealership. I told him that I just chalk it up to experience. At least I was able to finish my scarf. There is good in everything, you just have to look for it!

Finished scarf with key hole opening.





Mozart didn't want to model the scarf so I had to do a "selfie".