Friday, January 9, 2015

Pandora's Box

While I'm making die cuts for a project, I like to cut several sizes of the images for later use. This little bit of extra effort can be a great time saver when you need to make a card or gift bag in a hurry.  So when making the Snowy Scene card, I cut several trees and crimped them and then cut additional deer in a variety of sizes and then placed them in small zip top bags. I added the bags to my Pandora's Box, containing an assortment of die cuts and embossed card stock from previous projects.

Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box contains more than just extra die cuts. It's also used to store collected ephemera-interesting stamps, wine labels, and other odds and ends to add to a project.

It's safe to say that anything that enters our house could potentially end up in an art project.  Everything that is destined to be thrown away is evaluated for it's artful purpose, if it can't be used then it's thrown away. My husband was about to throw away a nice corrugated box until I snatched it for use in a future project.

I was drawn to the cut out on the box.  



Who knows what this box will eventually become but with it's beautiful cut out on the front, it definitely has potential. At the very least the cut out design on the front of the box has sparked ideas for future projects.