I decided to create a snowy scene using deer. I used the deer and the pine trees from the Give a Hoot cartridge, cut snowflakes with the Sizzlets snowflake dies and hand cut the snow. I chose a teal rather than the traditional green for the trees, used the Fiskars crimping tool to crimp them (I borrowed this technique from Ms. Caracciolo) and then painted the tree branches with modeling paste to resemble snow. I printed the thank you verse inside the card but left the front intentionally blank so a greeting wouldn't detract from the scene.
|Snowy scene card.|
Directions for Snowy Scene Card:
Small teal crystal for the bow
White, brown and teal card stock
Sizzix Sizzlet snowflakes or any other die cut snowflake
Cricut Give a Hoot cartridge
Ranger Diamond Stickles glitter glue
Golden Molding Paste
Small paint brush- preferably an old one or a inexpensive craft paint brush
Small self adhesive pearls
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Iced Spruce
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Fiskars Paper Crimper
White Gel pen and black Sharpie marker
Hot Glue gun
1. Print the verse inside a half fold card using a greeting card program.
2. Using the Cricut Give a Hoot cartridge, cut the pine trees out of teal card stock at 2 /34, 2 and 1 1/2 inches. Remove the trees from the cutting mat and individually crimp each tree with the Fiskars crimping tool. Cut 2 deer out of brown card stock ( 1 1/2 and 2 inches). Color the deer's hooves with the black marker and make white spots on the deer's rump with the white gel pen. Color the deer's tail with the gel pen.
3. Dip the paint brush in the molding paste and randomly color the tree branches to give the effect of snow. Set the trees aside to dry overnight.
4. Apply Ranger Iced Spruce distress ink randomly over the front of the card.
5. Cut 4 snowflakes from white card stock, using the Sizzix snowflake dies. Apply molding to the entire snowflake and set aside to dry.
6. Put a piece of white card stock in the Swiss Dots embossing folder and emboss. Randomly cut snow from the embossed card stock.
7. Apply the Diamond Stickles to the center and ends of the snowflakes, the tree branches (over the snow) and along the snowy ground that you just cut. Set aside to dry.
8. Once the glitter glue is completely dry, assemble the scene. Use a hot glue gun to glue the scene in place. Apply the small pearls to the ends of the tree branches, and larger pearls to the center of the snowflakes.
9. Cut a piece of silver ribbon the length of the card plus 1/2 inch and glue the ribbon to the left edge of the card, tucking the ends of the ribbon under the edges of the card and gluing in place. Tie a small bow from the silver ribbon, center on the ribbon border and glue in place. Attach a small teal crystal to the center of the bow.