October is always a hectic month for me because we celebrate my Husband's and my daughter Michelle's birthdays five days apart. In order to get the birthday cards finished in time I have put my Halloween projects aside.
Here is the card that I made for my Husband used the Mini Monsters cartridge because I wanted a unique and fun birthday card. Michelle is such a fashionista especially when it comes to shoes. I decided to go with a shoe theme using the Cricut Forever Young cartridge.
Directions for Monster Birthday Card:
Light orange dotted ribbon
My Mind's Eye Home Paper Pad- Orange dotted paper
Medium purple, lime green, black, white and gold card stock
Forrest Fun Dew Drops by The Robin's Nest
Cricut Mini Monsters and Beyond Birthdays cartridge
Card Making Program
Bone Folder (optional)
Hot Glue Gun
1. Create and print a birthday verse on a half fold card using white card stock and the card making program. Fold the card in half and use a bone folder to crease it.
2. Cut a 1 1/2 inch Happy Birthday out of purple card stock using the Beyond Birthdays cartridge.
3. Using the Mini Monsters cartridge cut a 2 1/2 inch monster out of purple card stock. Using the 2 1/2 inch setting press the Layer 1 key and cut the monster's body out of gold card stock. Press the Shift and Layer 1 keys and cut the ears and stomach out of lime green card stock. Using white card stock and the Layer 2 key cut out the eyes and the base of the mouth. Press the Layer 2 and shift keys and cut the pupils (eyes) and mouth. Assemble the monster.
4. Cut a piece of orange dotted card stock approximately 3 1/4 inches wide by 5 inches long.
5. Attach the Monster to the orange dotted card stock using foam dots. Center the orange dotted card stock on the card and place it approximately 3 inches from the top edge of the card. Glue it in place. Glue Happy Birthday approximately 1 inch from the top of the card, centering it above the orange card stock.
6. Arrange the pale green, pale blue and orange Dew Drops to look like ballons and attach them to the right and left of Happy Birthday using a hot glue gun.
7. Tie a small bow using the orange dotted ribbon and glue to the bottom of the orange dotted card stock using a hot glue gun.
Directions for the Michelle's Card:
Cricut Forever Young Cartridge
White, red, turquoise, gold, purple, lime green, cream, pink, brown and black card stock
Orange dotted ribbon
Greeting card program
Tim Holtz Tea Rose Distress Ink
Tattered Angel's Pearl Glimmer Mist
Adhesive gold beads and rhinestones for embellishment
1. Using the greeting card program select a half-fold card and type Life is Full of Important Choices on the front of the card. Generate a verse and add it to the inside of the card. Print the card on white card stock.
2. Fold the card in half and crease using a bone folder.
3. Using the Cricut Forever Young cartridge cut ten 1 1/2 inch shoes using black card stock and Heels 1. Press the Shift key and cut 5 pairs of shoes using the various colors of card stock. Use lime green and the Layer key to cut leaves for the flowers. Load red card stock into the Cricut and press the shift and Layer keys to cut flowers.
4. Assemble the shoes by gluing the colored card stock on top of the black shoe base. Embellish with the card stock flowers and beads.
5. Using the Forever Young cartridge set the Cricut dial to 3 inches and cut Model 1 out of cream card stock. Press the Shift key and cut the dress out of black card stock. Press the Shift and Layer keys and cut the top out of pink card stock. Cut Model 1 again out of brown card stock. Cut off the hair from the image that you just cut and glue it to the cream layer. Glue the black dress over the cream layer and the pink top over the black top. Add gold beads to resemble buttons. Use a black marker to color in the Model's shoes.
6. Center the Model on the card and glue in place. Glue the shoes around the Model. Glue one shoe to the left of the greeting.
7. Dab a foam sponge in the Tea Rose Distress Ink and dab it around the Model's feet.
8. Spray the card lightly with the Pearl Glimmer Mist and let it dry.
9. Cut a length of the Orange Dotted Ribbon slightly longer than the card and glue it along the outer edge of the card.