Cricut has just released the Disney Classics cartridge. The cartridge contains several images from Alice In Wonderland including the Cheshire Cat. I received my cartridge yesterday and couldn't wait rip open the box and start working on a project. I just had to incorporate the Cheshire Cat, with his cool smile, into a Valentine's Day card for my husband. I chose Je pense a toi (I'm thinking of you) for the greeting because it just seemed to fit the character and it gave me another opportunity to use my French.
Directions for Cheshire Cat Valentine Card:
Cricut Disney Classics cartridge
Light grey, pale pink, dark pink, black, yellow, dark purple, medium purple, dark green and white card stock
Wilton heart shaped lace doily
Pink dotted sheer ribbon
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and embossing machine
Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist
K & Company Valentine Felt Roses
Got Flowers? pink and cream colored flowers
Martha Stewart Lace Heart border punch and Rose Leaf paper punch
Foam backed mouse pad
Dry embossing stylus (ball tip at each end)
1. Fold a piece of light grey card stock in half lengthwise and crease using a bone folder.
2. Cut a piece of medium purple card stock 4 1/2 inches wide by 4 1/4 inches high and emboss it using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Lightly sand the embossed surface to highlight the dots.
3. Glue the heart shaped doily 1/2 inch from the right edge of the embossed card stock.
4. Load the Disney Classics cartridge into the Cricut. Place a piece of black card stock on the Cricut mat and cut Cat 2 at 3 inches. Press the shift key and cut the top of the cat's head out of dark purple card stock. Press Layer 1 and cut the tail, ears, paws and mouth out of pale pink card stock. Press the shift and Layer 1 keys and cut the mouth out of white card stock. Cut the eyes out of yellow card stock by pressing Layer 2. Press Layer 2 and shift to cut the stripes out of dark pink card stock. Load pale pink card stock into the Cricut and press Layer 3 to cut the alternating stripes. Assemble the cat.
5. Spray the cat lightly with Glimmer Mist and let it dry. Attach foam dots to the cat and position him to the left edge of the heart.
6. Use the Martha Stewart Lace Heart border punch and pale pink card stock to make a heart border. Glue the border to the bottom edge of the embossed card stock. Attach the Recollections pearls to each corner of the embossed card stock.
7. Apply foam dots to the back of the embossed card stock. Position the piece 2 inches from the bottom edge of the card.
8. Type the Valentine greeting of your choice in Microsoft Word using the Minya Nouvelle font at 18 and print it out. Cut a tag out of dark purple card stock and glue the greeting to it. Glue the hearts left over from the punched border to the top and the bottom of the tag. Tie a small piece of pink dotted sheer ribbon to the end of the tag. Tuck the end of the tag under the embossed card stock and glue in place. Glue three small hearts left over from the heart border next to the cat's head.
9. Punch six leaves out of green card stock using the Martha Stewart Rose Leaf paper punch. Lightly fold each leaf in half lengthwise. Turn a foam mouse pad upside down to expose the foam backing. Place a leaf on the mouse pad and use a stylus to lightly press veins into the leaf.
10. Attach a felt rose to the bottom center of the card. Arrange the off white and pink flowers around the bottom of the card, alternating pink and off white. Glue the flowers in place. Glue the leaves under the edge of the flowers. Attach a Recollections pearl in the center of the flowers.