The Cricut Paper Pups cartridge is so cute and versatile. I really like this cartridge and wanted to use it to make another Valentine's Day card for my husband (who has been banned from reading my blog until Valentine's Day is over). Thursday we had a wintery mix (snow and ice) so it was a good day to work on some cards. Like the last two cards I decided to use a French verse for the greeting. Mon amour pour toi est eternal (My love for you is eternal) just seemed to work well with this card.
Directions for Poodle Valentine Card:
Black, dark pink, pale pink, green and light grey card stock
K & Company Black and White patterned card stock
Cricut Paper Pups cartridge
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Nine; Sizzix or other die cut machine
Pink ribbon with white hearts
Clear stick on rhinestones
Martha Stewart Holidays Paper Rose Embellishments
Martha Stewart Lace Heart border punch, Rose Leaf paper punch and Lace Heart edge punch
Large and small foam dots
Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist
1. Fold a piece of light grey card stock in half lengthwise and crease with a bone folder.
2. Use the Martha Stewart Lace heart edge punch to punch a heart out of dark pink card stock. Next punch a heart border out of the same card stock using the Lace Heart border punch. Save four hearts from the border punch left overs.
3. Place a piece of black and white patterned card stock on top of the Spellbinders large label and cut it with the Sizzix or other die cut machine. Cut a piece of pink and white heart patterned ribbon to fit the lower edge of the label and glue in place. Tie a small bow and glue in the center of the ribbon.
4. Cut a piece of black card stock 4 inches wide by 4 1/2 inches high. Glue the pink lace heart border under the bottom edge of the black card stock. Place foam dots on the back of the label. Center the black and white label on the black card stock and press in place. Glue the four small left over hearts in each corner of the black card stock. Glue the black card stock framed poodle approximately 2 1/2 inches from the top of the card.
5. Using the Cricut Paper Pups cartridge press the solid key and cut a 2 3/4 inch poodle out of pink card stock. Turn off the solid key and cut a poodle out of light grey card stock. Assemble the poodle and spray lightly with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist. When the poodle is dry color the nose black and fill in the eye area (add eyelashes if desired) with a fine point black marker. Place three small rhinestones around the poodle's neck to make a collar. Put several small foam dots on the underside of the poodle. Attach the poodle to the label just above the ribbon.
6. Center the dark pink lace heart under the pink lace heart border and glue in place.
7. Print Mon amour pour toi est eternal or the Valentine's greeting of your choice on white paper, using Microsoft word and Monotype Corsiva font at 18. Trim the paper to approximately 3 inches wide by 3/4 inches high and glue on to a piece of dark pink card stock. Leave a small border around the white paper. Cut a piece of black card stock slightly larger than the piece of dark pink and glue the previous layers on top of the black. Position the framed greeting at a slight angle across the top left portion of the card.
8. Place two light pink and one dark pink rose in the upper right hand portion of the card, overlapping them slightly. Press in place. Using the green card stock and the Martha Stewart Rose Leaf paper punch, punch out three leaves and glue them under the edges of the roses.