Thursday, January 13, 2011

Un Autre Chapeau

Another hat! Lately I've been knitting a lot of hats. They can be knitted quickly which is a good thing because it's so cold and windy here. My husband doesn't understand why I would rather knit a hat than go to the store and buy one. As anyone who knits will attest, it's not about the hat per se but about the knitting itself (the challenge of the pattern, the texture of the yarn). There's one more reason to knit the hat myself-cute, hand knit wool hats just aren't available in local stores.


This hat is the Cabled Hat from Classic Elite Yarns Uptown pattern collection. I chose Ironstone's Harmony instead of the yarn recommended by the pattern because I loved the color and the softness of the wool. The pattern was easy to follow but I do suggest reading through it before you begin knitting. This is the first time that I had knit an I-cord edging but the directions were clearly written so I had no problem. The hat knit up very quickly (2 evenings from start to finish) on size 11 needles. It fits well, is warm and looks really cute on.

FYI: Mozart was the only one in my house willing to model the hat for a picture.