One of the nice things about living in the Washington, DC area is the annual arrival of the Cherry Blossoms. The Cherry trees bloom around the last week of March and the first week of April. They line both sides of the Reflecting Pool in front of the Jefferson Memorial. When the Cherry blossoms are at their peak this is the most beautiful spot in the city.
I made this card in honor of the beautiful Cherry Blossoms but the card can be used for other occasions (birthdays, Mother's Day). I cut one corner off of Bo Bunny a gift of love paper and then ran it through a crimper to give some texture and evoke the feeling of a fan. Rather than use a traditional card greeting, I decided to use part of the quote by Kahil Gibran-...Beauty is a light in the heart.
Directions for Cherry Blossom Card:
Light grey and white card stock
Bo Bunny a gift of love paper/Sophie Joy Die Cut
Hero Arts Four Dolls stamp
Color Box black pigment ink
Pink and white dotted ribbon
Recollections butterfly-light pink
Got Flowers? -small pink flowers
Recollections flower shaped brads-green
Martha Stewart Doily border punch
1. Fold a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch light grey card stock in half.
2. Print ...Beauty is a light in the heart. -Kahil Gibran on white card stock using Microsoft Word and Calligraph 421 BT font at 18. Trim the card stock so that a small border surrounds the quote.
3. Cut lower left corner of the Bo Bunny paper 4 1/2 inches long by 3 1/2 inches wide. You want the brown scalloped edge on the left and bottom of the paper. Turn the paper so that the blue corner is at an angle. Feed the blue corner into the Fiskars crimper to begin crimping the paper.
4. Stamp the Hero Arts doll onto a piece of white card stock with black ink. Use the colored pencils to color in the doll. Carefully cut out the doll. Turn the crimped paper so that the brown scallops run along the side and bottom and the blue edge is at the top. Attach the doll to the Bo Bunny paper using foam dots. Tie a small bow with the pink and white dotted ribbon and glue to the top corner of the fan. Position the center scallop approximately 1 7/8 inches from bottom of the card. glue in place. Tuck the quote just under the blue edge and glue in place.
5. Glue a light pink butterfly to the left of the quote.
6. Attach 4 light pink and 2 dark pink flowers to the bottom of the card with green flower shaped brads.
7. Use the Martha Stewart Doily border punch to punch a border out of white card stock. Trim the border to the length of the card and glue in place.