Cricut recently released the Kate's ABC's cartridge. The images on this cartridge are so cute. I adore this little bunny and thought that he would make a cute Easter card.
Directions for Easter Bunny Card:
Cricut Kate's ABC's cartridge
Bright blue, bright green, bright pink, yellow, white and light brown card stock
Green chalk or pastels
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Yellow multi-print ribbon
Small piece of bright blue ribbon
1. Using the Cricut Kate's ABC's cartridge select the bunny and cut the image at 3 inches out of light brown card stock. Press the Shift and the bunny keys and cut the grass out of bright green card stock. Press the Layer 1 key and cut the grass blade. Press the Shift and Layer 1 keys and cut the flowers and dragon fly out of bright pink card stock. Press the Layer 2 key and cut the flowers center out of yellow card stock. Assemble bunny, the dragon fly and the flowers. Glue a googly eye to the bunny's head. Tie a small bow with the blue ribbon and glue it to the bunny's neck. Highlight the grass and the grass blades with green chalk or green pastels.
2. Cut a piece of bright blue card stock approximately 5 1/2 inches long by 4 inches wide and emboss it using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.
3. Attach foam dots to the back of the bunny, flower and dragon fly. Position the bunny 1 inch from the bottom of the embossed card stock and press in place. Place the dragon fly to the right of the bunny and the flower between the grass blades and press in place.
4. Cut a piece of yellow multi-print ribbon approximately 10 inches. Center the ribbon on the front of the card and fold the ends of the ribbon under the top and bottom edges of the card. Glue the ends of the ribbon in place. Tie a small bow and glue over the ribbon approximately 1 inch from the bottom of the card.
5. Center the embossed blue card stock slightly above the bow and glue in place.
6. Using Microsoft Word and the Cataneo BT font at 18 type Just hopping by to wish you Happy Easter! Print it on white card stock. Trim the card stock close the greeting. Cut a piece of bright pink card stock slightly larger than the card stock with the greeting. Glue the greeting to the pink card stock. Center the greeting on the embossed blue card stock and position it so that the pink card stock rests just above the second row of embossed dots. Glue in place.