Easter is quickly approaching and my cards are finally finished. While I enjoy making the cute bunny themed cards I wanted to do something different. Cricut's Inspired Heart Lite cartridge contains religious images. The crucifix seemed like the perfect choice for my Easter card. I cut the crucifix out of bronze metallic card stock and then used the d-stress tool to distress the edges to make the image stand out.
Directions for Easter Card:
Parchment, white, light purple and bronze metallic card stock
DCWV Shimmer Stack-purple shimmer card stock
Cricut Inspired Heart Lite cartridge
Martha Stewart Doily edge punch and Dove paper punch
Imaginisce d-stress distressing tool
Gold mesh ribbon
Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink
Narrow purple ribbon
Small Calla Lily-These are available in a small bunch in the bridal aisle at Michaels
1. Fold the parchment card stock in half lengthwise and crease.
2. Using the Inspired Heart cartridge cut Christ 2 at 3 inches out of the bronze metallic card stock. Press shift and the Christ 2 image and cut the background out of light purple card stock. Using the d-stress tool and the white tip, lightly distress the edges of the crucifix. Attach the crucifix to the purple background. Press the phrase key and the Dreidal key and cut rejoice at l inch out of purple shimmer card stock.
3. Cut a piece of purple shimmer card stock 1/4 inch larger, on all sides, than the light purple card stock and attach the image with foam dots.
4. Punch the long edge of a piece of parchment card stock with the Martha Stewart doily border punch. Cut the doily strip approximately 7/8 inches wide (measured from the scalloped edge of the border). Cut a strip of purple shimmer card stock approximately 3/4 inch wide and attach it under the doily strip so that the scalloped edge almost touches the edge of the purple strip. Glue the border to the right edge of the card so that the purple edge faces inward.
5. Center rejoice and glue it approximately 1/2 inch from the top of the card.
6. Use the Martha Stewart dove paper punch to punch a dove out of white card stock. Highlight the edges of the dove with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink. Glue the dove to the left of rejoice.
7. Center the purple backed crucifix and glue it approximately 1 1/2 inches from the bottom edge of the card.
8. Tie a knot in a piece of gold mesh ribbon and glue it under rejoice.
9. Tie a small bow around three Calla Lilies. Glue the lilies at an angle on the lower right edge of the card. Trim the ends of the stems so they don't extend past the edge of the card.