Cricut's Kate's ABCs cartridge is quickly becoming my favorite cartridge because the images are so cute. I especially liked the image of the girl hugging the kitten and thought it would make a nice Mother's Day card. I wanted the girl with the kitten to be the focal point so I decided to use a ribbon rather than a lot of other embellishments.
Directions for Mother's Day Card:
Cricut Kate's ABCs cartridge
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Pendants-Lattice
Sizzix Damask Embossing Folder
White, light pink, medium pink, dark pink, yellow, light tan, brown and green card stock
Stickles glitter glue- Platinum
Pink and white gingham ribbon
Chalk or pastels
1. Using the Cricut Kate's ABCs cartridge cut Girl 6 at 3 inches out of brown card stock. Press the Shift and Girl 6 keys and cut the grass out of green card stock. Next press the Layer 1 key and cut the hat and dress out of medium pink card stock. Press the Shift and Layer 1 keys and cut the dress and flower out of dark pink card stock. Press the Layer 2 key and cut the hat out of yellow card stock. Press the Shift and Layer 2 keys and cut the face, hands and feet out of light tan card stock. Assemble the image and highlight the girl's face and lips with a pink pastel or chalk. Highlight her arm with light pink chalk and the grass with green chalk. Apply the platinum stickles to the cat's neck to make a collar.
2. Cut the pendant out of light pink card stock using the Spellbinders die.
3. Use the Sizzix Damask embossing folder to emboss a piece of white card stock.
4. Cut a piece of light pink card stock 6 inches high by 4 7/8 inches wide.
5. Fold a piece of white card stock in half lengthwise. Center the pink card stock on the white card and glue it approximately 2 inches from the bottom of the card. Glue the white embossed card stock on top of the light pink leaving a 1/4 inch border on all sides. Attach foam dots to the back of the lattice pendant and position it approximately 1 inch from the edge of the embossed white card stock. Attach foam dots to the back of the girl with the kitten image and center it on the lattice pendant. Position the flowers near the grass blades and secure them in place with foam dots. You may have to cut the dots so that they fit the flowers. Position the butterfly just above the upper right edge of the pendant and secure in place with a foam dot.
6. Cut a piece of ribbon the width of the card plus 1/2 inch and glue to the card approximately 1 inch from the bottom of the card. Tie a small bow and glue to the ribbon.