Sunday, March 1, 2015

Bunny Boxes

Looking out my window all I can see is snow.  It's March, time for Spring!  Keeping that thought I decided to work on a project with a Spring theme.  I found Lori Whitlock's cute little Bunny Belly Boxes and couldn't resist making them.  How cute?  These little boxes can be filled with chocolate eggs or jelly beans. I downloaded the SVG file and started cutting.  One bunny filled up most of a 12x12 sheet of card stock.  I was able to fit the ears, feet and bow for 4 bunnies on half a piece of 8 1/2x11 inch card stock.

The bunnies were adorable assembled as depicted in the picture but I had to add my own touch. I replaced the card stock bow with a ribbon bow, embossed the ears with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and glued wiggly eyes over the bunny's cut out eyes. The feet were attached to the front of the box with foam dots to make them stand out.

Bunnies with shading added.




I cut the boxes according to the cut file measurements. The finished size of the assembled box is 3 inches long by 1 3/4 inches wide by 2 inches high.


Directions for Bunny Boxes:

Cutting machine capable of cutting SVG files- I used the Silhouette Cameo
Lori Whitlock Bunny Belly Box SVG cut file
Tan, brown, black and pink card stock
Assorted ribbon
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Ranger Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink and foam pad
Colored pencils-pink
Wiggly Eyes
Tom Bow Aqua Liquid Glue
Foam Dots


1.  Cut the Bunny Belly Box to the dimensions shown on the computer screen.  Cut the bunny's body in tan, the paw pads in brown, ears and nose in pink and the rectangle in black card stock. I hand cut a piece of black card stock to fit over the openings for the eyes and whiskers rather than using the Silhouette.

2.  Assemble bunny as directed-glue the brown paw pads to the feet, the black behind the eyes, the pink to the ears and whiskers and the body to the back of the bunny.  Attach a small foam dot to the nose to raise it slightly off the face and foam dots to the feet.

3.  Ink around the edges of the feet and the bunny's body with the distress ink.  Use the pink colored pencil to apply blush to the bunny's cheeks and to highlight his nose and ears.

4.  Tie a small bow with the ribbon of your choice and glue to the top of the bunny's head.

5.  Glue the wiggly eyes over the spaces for the eyes.