Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Bunny Garland


As I started to decorate for Easter, I wanted to do something different this year.  Something that would compliment the bunnies that we set out every year.  I came across this cute Bunny and Carrot Swag from Snapdragon Snippets.  I envisioned the bunnies draped from the banister in the foyer (similar to the Bat Garland).

I cut the bunnies and carrots to the dimensions given in the SVG cut file. Next I inked the edges of the bunny with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. After assembling the bunnies, I used colored pencils to highlight the inside of the ears and add a pink blush to the bunny's cheeks.  To give the bunny's face more dimension, I glued wiggly eyes over the black eyes.  After all of the bunnies and carrots are assembled; wire them together, using the holes in the paws and the holes in the wreath, then thread purple ribbon into the hole of the bunny's paw (end bunnies only).  Now the bunny garland is ready to hang.